[tlhIngan Hol] Does {vabDot} always require a verb ?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 10:31:10 PST 2018

Am 23.11.2018 um 19:11 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> Or (may qeylIS forgive me..), because that's how it's usually done in
> greek/english..

hahahaha - this just is not English!

So first, repetition is usual in Klingon and not a problem of bad style.

Second, if you go deeper into grammar, an adverbial describes the way of
an action, so you would nee a verb. As long as we have no counter
example that tells us we can use vabDot like neH, I would avoid using it
standing alone.

Besides, I think that grammtically spoken, it's weird in English as
well. So while speaking, I may even understand what you say, but in a
written book, I'd avoid it.

Think of vabDot more than just "even" or "also". A phrase would also
look weird in English if you say "Everyone can learn Klingon,
furthermore you." Don't you think so?

PS: use {je}.

Oh - and by the way, I think your suggestion sounds ambiguous:

A - yaS lumojlaH Hoch, vabDot DI'raqwIj
B - vabDot DI'raqlIj lumojlaH'a'?

--
Lieven L. Litaer