[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom 2018 - Games

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Nov 20 13:48:29 PST 2018

Thanks for sharing the lists!

> nelchu' v. fit in perfectly, fit perfectly – like a piece in a jigsaw
> puzzle (based on the verb nel match, pair up, map onto)

Do we know how {nel} is used in a sentence?

Some of the glosses ("map onto") seem to favor to structure {B nel A.} ("A matches B."), while others (such as "pair up") seem to favor {nel A B je.} ("A and B match.").

There is also the possibility that it could be like {ghom}, where both syntaxes work; perhaps it depends on whether or not the components are equally important (i.e. "these two pieces go together") as opposed to one piece fitting into a larger whole (i.e. "this one piece fits in with the 367 pieces we've already laid out").

//loghaD