[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom 2018 - Technical terms

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Nov 20 05:46:57 PST 2018

The words we received from Maltz for this year's qepHom were not sorted
by any system. I tried to arrange them by topics, which I will use in
the subject line, so the discussions about the words are also sorted.
----

chuq'a' leghwI' n. space telescope – This is like the Hubble, not a Hov tut.

lay leng n. aeronautics

Sach v. expand, can be used for: be amplified, fleshed out, elaborated,
increased in scope, etc.

[Okrand later explained on the example of a book: if you make an
expanded version of it, then you {paq SachmoH}, "the book expands":
{Sach paq} and you end up with a {paq Sach}, an "extended book".]

tuj 'otlh n. infrared, infrared radiation

SImyon n. degree (unit of measure for temperature)
[use it like 'uj etc.]

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"