[tlhIngan Hol] The problem of the same word being both a verb and a noun

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 08:48:14 PST 2018

Am 19.11.2018 um 17:40 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> And recently I found the solution of adding a verb or noun suffix,
> depending on the situation.

I think that is a very good approach, but you still change the meaning
of the phrase. {qa'Daj choH} is not the same as {qa'Daj choHba'}. As you
mention that context makes things clear, I'd suggest to just make up
context, which does not change the meaning. Remember the dialect note on
{'uS qaMb} and {nach qaMb}.

Usually, you don't just say a standalone sentence, so context comes
automatically. It's like Englisch "Park!" - Does it mean "Park your car"
or "That's a beautiful park". You don't just say that without context.
One doesn't just walk in a room and say only one sentence. And even
then, if a sentence is not clear, the other person should ask how you
mean that.

rIn.

--
Lieven L. Litaer