[tlhIngan Hol] The problem of the same word being both a verb and a noun

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 08:40:41 PST 2018

Often, while writing, I come across the problem of having to use a word
which exists both as a verb and a noun, e.g. {choH} (v) change, {choH} (n)
change.

And the problem being, making absolutely certain that the reader will
immediately understand that it is e.g. the noun that I use and not the
verb, or vice versa.

And recently I found the solution of adding a verb or noun suffix,
depending on the situation.

For example, instead of writing {qa'Daj choH} for "the change of his
spirit", writing {qa'Daj choHna'} "the definite change of his spirit".

Or, instead of {qa'Daj choH} for "it changes his spirit", saying {qa'Daj
choHba'} "it obviously changes his spirit".

Of course context could also specify. But there are times I feel, we're
leaving so many things on context, to the point of assuming the reader to
be some kind of psychic.

~ mayqel qunen'oS
minas morgulDaq matlhabchoHchu'pu'