[tlhIngan Hol] privacy policy

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:17:18 PDT 2018

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> With that in mind, {ghot ta} or {ghot De'} is compatible with what I was
> thinking. (I apologize if “personal information” is not an appropriate
> translation for {De' tlhIn}; I guess however that {De' tlhIn} means the
> {De'} itself is {tlhIn}, rather than being about something {tlhIn}, so
> let’s pretend that I said something like {ghot tlhIn De'}, although I guess
> you probably can’t noun-noun where the first noun is followed by a stative
> verb…

​I thought {De' tlhIn} "information that is attributable to someone,
information that is uniquely associated with someone" was a pretty good way
​to translate the idea. "Personal information" is a bit loose of a
translation (I wouldn't necessarily use "personal" to translate every use
of {tlhIn} and vice versa) but I thought it worked okay in this particular
context.