[tlhIngan Hol] tIqleH (Re: mu'mey chu': Hun)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon May 7 07:16:50 PDT 2018

It's in mine:

mong'em  	*mong'em* maneuver (n) (DI)
  "A parry where you thrust a sword or other edged weapon behind
    your neck in order to block an attack from the rear." (DI glossary)
  "To deflect a thrust - that is, to parry - is {way'}." (KGT 59)

I don't know how useful this is, but as we're told in KGT (p.59):  "There is an extensive vocabulary for the moves associated with bat'leth use."  No doubt there are many more, including regional variations, which we haven't seen yet.

mong  		neck (n)
'em  		area behind (n)

Hmm... have we seen any other examples of an "area noun" used as an element in a compound noun?  I can't think of one off the top of my head.


------------------------------Original Message-------------------------
From Jeremy Silver

That said, I may have noticed one word on that list which escaped transfer to most word-lists: 

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list