[tlhIngan Hol] The Gospel of Matthew

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:38:09 PDT 2018

   After translating the Revelation excerpt I posted yesterday, I
decided to create a thread where I will be translating the gospel of
Matthew. But before I start, I would like to make some notes with
regards to the work at hand.

   1. The text I will be translating from, will be the the original
Greek Orthodox. I thought of translating from an English version of
the Bible, but I believe it would be ridiculous to translate an
English translation of the original Greek text, while being able to
understand the original Greek.

   2. Although I'm quite certain noone will bother to read this
translation, I will provide anyway each time the English text too.

   3. The English text will be from the English Orthodox translation;
the reasons I choose the Orthodox text are beyond the scope of this
list, but if someone is curious he can start another thread and I will
discuss them there in Klingon.

   4. The various names will be written exactly as they are being
written in the English Orthodox translation. I will not transliterate.

   5. The reason why I choose this translation, is because as we all
know the rule here is "in english about Klingon or in Klingon about
anything". This is my "anything".

   6. The reason why I'll be posting here the translation, is rather
simple. When I'm writing here in Klingon I tend to be way more
careful, than when writing something which only I will see.

   7, Perhaps someone is thinking "it's difficult, you won't succeed".
I don't think it is difficult, but anyway, we'll see..

~ nI'ghma