[tlhIngan Hol] FW: Klingon Word of the Day: raQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue May 29 06:55:06 PDT 2018

> Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, May 26, 2018
>
> Klingon word: raQ
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: camp (military term)
> Source: Monopoly

quqtaHvIS wanI'vam raQDaq pawta' qotar qempa'QeH je At the same time Kotar and the *Qempa'keh* arrive at the camp. (PB)

From: ghunchu'wI'
>> {raQ} might have been used in the Monopoly Klingon Edition, but its
>> source is the original printing of The Klingon Dictionary.

Monopoly Klingon Edition (MKE) uses it to translate "outpost":

wejmaH cha' raQmey
32 Outposts. (MKE)

ngIq raQ - 150 QaS
outposts cost 150 each (MKE)

ngIq raQvaD cha'maH vagh QaS yInob
For each outpost pay 25 forces. (MKE)

Quj wa'DIch juH qachmey mebpa'mey je qa' raQmey chu' monmey chu' je Custom OUTPOSTS and CAPITALS replace original Houses and Hotels. (MKE)

ngIq raQ - 200 QaS,  mon - 200 QaS loS raQmey je Outposts cost 200 each; capitals, 200 each plus 4 outposts. (MKE)

TREK TRIVIA:
  According to Kirk, the taking of hostages and the organization of "vast slave labor camps" are routine features of a Klingon occupation. (TOS "Errand of Mercy")

  "I have heard of their atrocities, their death camps." (i.e. the Federation; Mara, TOS "Day of the Dove")

  "This isn't a Romulan labor camp." (Galen/Picard to Tallera/T'Paal, TNG "Gambit Pt. II")

SEE ALSO:
waw' 		base (n)
mID 		colony (n)
lulIgh 		refuge (n)

Do not confuse with the unrelated verb {raQ} "manipulate by hand, handle".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons