[tlhIngan Hol] tlhIngan Hol jatlhmeH, ghoghwIj lo' De'wI'wIj

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon May 28 08:44:03 PDT 2018

On May 28, 2018, at 7:27 AM, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> The fourth from last word is {chaq}.

Understanding that, it now makes sense grammatically. The third word is still very muddled (if one can apply the term to consonants), and even knowing what it is I’m still not hearing the end of the first syllable properly.

Unvoiced and non-plosive stops in the generated sentence are hard to distinguish. The glottal stop is going to be a difficult thing to train the network with in general. How does one properly teach a sound which half the time is only there because the preceding vowel ends abruptly? :-) I would suggest devising a training set that gives special attention to it in every combination of leading and trailing sounds.

— ghunchu'wI'