[tlhIngan Hol] [Tlhingan-hol] 2018 qep'a' Wish List

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Mar 29 16:48:06 PDT 2018

I'd like some words for talking about liquids and other media:

* float [on/in a liquid] (verb)

* be submerged in, immersed in, surrounded by [a medium] (verb) - i.e. "I cannot breathe because I am submerged in water." or "The specimen is surrounded by a vacuum.
Arguably, this is covered by {qat}, but that could just be a thin layer. {Dech} on the other hand is potentially too distant; island-dwellers are surrounded by water, but unless they're Atlanteans, they are hopefully not submerged in it.

* be slippery (verb) - Is this the opposite of {ghegh}?

* be aerodynamic (verb)

* to encounter drag, friction, air resistance, etc. (verb) - i.e. "The vessel is heating up because it is encountering too much air resistance."

* vacuum (noun)

Of course, the parts of speech are merely recommendations, as are the specific glosses themselves; Klingon might express these concepts different from how English does it.

//loghaD