[tlhIngan Hol] {-moH} and two things instead of three

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:29:18 PDT 2018

SuStel:

> In {YvaD X VmoH X}, X is the causer and the

> done-to, which isn't one of those combinations

> that I think requires a reflexive suffix. It seems

> a correct construction.

I think I understand your point, but there is something which still confuses me.

How can we write {YvaD X VmoH X}, since there is no verb prefix to use, when both the subject and the object are the same person/persons ?

In the verb prefix chart, when the subject and the object are the same person/persons, then we have a dash (-), which means that we can't write {YvaD X VmoH X}.

So, if we needed to write a sentence as "the vulcans caused the federation to accept them", then we can't write it in the form {YvaD X VmoH X}, and we can't use {-'egh} or {-chuq}, so we need to recast.

Would you agree with the above ?

~ nI'ghma