[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Do'natu vagh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 19 06:17:56 PDT 2018

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, March 18, 2018

Klingon word: Do'natu vagh
Part of speech: noun
Definition: Donatu V
Source: qep'a' 24 [2017]

(loghad, 7/20/2017):  It's worth noting that Donatu V may also be relevant to the plot of "Star Trek: Discovery", as this was the site of a confrontation between the Klingons and the Federation. This confrontation took place 23 years before [TOS] "The Trouble With Tribbles", which would put it about 12 years before Discovery, but it could still be referenced.

And so it was in this non-canon line (by Qov?):

Do'natu vaghDaq DIvI' wIlulpu' 'a qaStaHvIS poH veb mayonchoHchu'pu'.
We have become complacent in the time since we last battled the
  Federation at Donatu V.  (DSC "Battle At the Binary Stars")

--
Voragh
tlhIngan nompuq pIn'a'