[tlhIngan Hol] vIta'pu'be' vs vIta'be'pu'

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 9 11:19:13 PST 2018

On 3/9/2018 2:15 PM, Felix Malmenbeck wrote:
> I'd say you probably could say «vIta'be'pu'.» and be understood, but
> «vIta'pu'be'.» is more categorical: Not only has there been an
> instance of me not doing it, but also there have been no instances of
> me doing it (in the scope of time being considered).

I don't think there's any difference in meaning between *vIta'be'pu'*
and *vIta'pu'be'* as far as anything we've ever seen. The difference
between completing not-doing and not completing doing seems too
hair-splitting for Klingons... or even English, since I have to resort
to made-up terms like /not-doing/ to describe it.