[tlhIngan Hol] vIta'pu'be' vs vIta'be'pu'

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 05:57:37 PST 2018

My problem with this matter has to do, with the way I understand the
{vIta'pu'be'} and the {vIta'be'pu'}, if I "read" the {-be'} as if referring
only to whatever directly precedes it.

I read the {vIta'pu'be'} as "it isn't completed the whatever it is that I
did".

And I read the {vIta'be'pu'} as "it is completed my not doing it".

Lets write an example.

{QIn tetlhvam vImuvpu'be'}
I joined this list, but my joining isn't completed

{QIn tetlhvam vImuvbe'pu'}
I didn't join this list, and this (my not joining) is completed.

I'm not saying that I'm right, nor am I trying to prove something. I only
write these examples to demonstrate how I understand this whole subject,
and thus where my confusion is.

~ nI'ghma