[tlhIngan Hol] “We share with each other” / machqu'bej qo'maj

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Fri Jun 8 17:52:19 PDT 2018

I forgot to include the intended meaning again; here it is in case I wrote anything that’s so far off it’s hard to understand:

> On Jun 8, 2018, at 19:43, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:
>
> qo'vamDaq rut maHagh 'ej rut maSaQ,
> 'ej rut vay' wItul qoj wIghIjlu'taH.
> HochvaD qo' wIbontaH, 'ej wISovnISbej maH:
> mach qo'vam, qo'Hom, qo'maj!

On this world sometimes we laugh and sometimes we cry,
And sometimes we hope something, or we are being frightened.
We share the world with all, and we certainly need to know it:
This world, a little world, our world, is small!

(I just realized that if the lack of an overt object preceding {wISovnISbej maH} is problematic, this could be changed to {ngoD wISovnIS maH} easily.)

> machqu'bej qo'vam, qar'a'?
> machqu'bej qo'Hom, qar'a'?
> machqu'bej qo'maj, qar'a'?
> HIja', machqu'bej!

Refrain:
This world is certainly very small, isn’t it?
The little world is certainly very small, isn’t it?
Our world is certainly very small, isn’t it?
Yes, it is certainly very small!

> wa' maS neH, wa' jul SuD je ghaj qo'maj,
> 'ej monbogh ghot Daleghchugh, jup Daghaj.
> Hatlh wavtaHbej HuD'a'mey, 'ej tInqu' bIQ'a'mey,
> 'ach machqu'bej qo'maj!

Our world has only one moon and one yellow/green/blue sun,
and when you see a person who smiles, you have a friend.
The big mountains are certainly dividing the countryside, and the oceans are very large,
But our world is certainly very small.

> machqu'bej qo'vam, qar'a'?
> machqu'bej qo'Hom, qar'a'?
> machqu'bej qo'maj, qar'a'?