[tlhIngan Hol] 'otlhQeD

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:08:51 PDT 2018

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 at 19:16, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> My personal dictionary has, for some reason, two entries for *'otlhQeD.*
> One glosses it as *quantum mechanics, quantum theory* and gives its
> origin as qepHom 2014, the other glosses it as *quantum physics* and
> gives its origin as qepHom 2015. Can someone tell me whether I've got this
> right? My email archives only find the word *'otlhQeD* in a message by
> De'vID on November 16, 2014, wherein he gives the *quantum mechanics,
> quantum theory* meaning. I have no saved images from qepHom 2015.

That's because it was revealed twice. In 2014, it was defined as "quantum
mechanics, quantum theory", and {'otlhtej} was also glossed as "the
corresponding scientist, someone who studies quantum mechanics" (which,
admittedly, can't be used as an independent definition). In 2015, in a list
of words related to chemistry (on p. 13 of the qepHom booklet), it was
defined again as "quantum physics" and {'otlhtej} was defined as "quantum
physicist". The two definitions don't contradict each other. The KLI new
words list should be corrected.

Here's a photo proving it was revealed in 2014:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ulNOIKphJt/

(Also: What? No one made the obvious joke about superposition?)

--
De'vID