[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tev

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 18 06:32:23 PDT 2018

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, June 17, 2018

Klingon word: tev
Part of speech: noun
Definition: prize
Source: TKD
AFAIK never used in a sentence.

TREK TRIVIA:
  "You bring us a prize! [i.e. Kirk]" (Kang to Mara, TOS "Day of the Dove")

  In John Ford's novel _The Final Reflection_ there is the equivalent of a Klingon television series named "Battlecruiser Vengeance", featuring the adventures of Klingon Captain Koth of the IKV Vengeance, in conflict with alien races such as Humans, Romulans and Kinshaya and others, and trying to capture their ships.  Koth was always triumphant, and each episode ended with him being asked who he was by those he had captured, and answering, "I am Captain Koth. Koth of the Vengeance. And this ship is my prize."

SEE ALSO:
van'a' 		award (n)
pop 		reward (n)
mIp 		wealth (n)