[tlhIngan Hol] HovHom, HovHom, yIbochchu'

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Sun Jun 10 15:32:22 PDT 2018

I didn’t realize this one had more than one verse until I looked it up.

HovHom, HovHom, yIbochchu'!
nuq Dayugh 'e' vISIvqu'.
qo' DungDaq bIjenqu'taH.
chalDaq naghboch bIrurlaH.

Little star, little star, shine clearly!
I want to know very much what you consist of.
Above the world you are very high.
In the sky you can resemble a gemstone.

ghIq mejDI' meQtaHbogh jul,
DachDI' Doch wovmoHbogh qul,
vaj yI'ang'egh 'ej yIwov,
vaj ram Hoch bIwov net Sov.

Then when the burning sun leaves,
When things illuminated by the fire are absent,
Then reveal yourself and be bright,
Then it is known that you are bright all night.

taw HurghDaq lengwI' Dutlho',
Quchqu' ghaH bIwovchu'mo'.
bIDachchugh, pagh leghlaH ghaH,
leghlaHmo' DaH lenglaHtaH.

On the dark road a traveler thanks you,
He/she is very happy because you are perfectly bright.
When you are absent, he/she can see nothing,
Because he/she can see, he/she is able to travel.

chal SuD 'ej HurghDaq SoHtaH,
QorwaghwIjDaq qaleghlaH.
ram bIwov 'e' not Damev,
wovDI' jul, naDevvo' DuDev.

You are in the dark blue sky,
I can see you in my window.
At night you never cease to be bright,
When the sun is bright, it leads you away.

DaH lengtaHvIS lengwI' yoH,
taw HurghDaq ghaH DawovmoH.
wej nuq Dayugh 'e' vIsov,
HovHom, HovHom, reH yIwov.

Now while the brave traveler is traveling,
On the dark road you illuminate him/her.
I do not know yet what you consist of,
Little star, little star, be bright always.

HovHom, HovHom, yIbochchu'!
nuq Dayugh 'e' vISIvqu'.
qo' DungDaq bIjenqu'taH.
chalDaq naghboch bIrurlaH.
HovHom, HovHom, yIbochchu'!
nuq Dayugh 'e' vISIvqu'.

Little star, little star, shine clearly!
I want to know very much what you consist of.
Above the world you are very high.
In the sky you can resemble a gemstone.
Little star, little star, shine clearly!
I want to know very much what you consist of.

(Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, quSDaq ba')