[tlhIngan Hol] xifan hol: k and q

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Sat Jun 2 10:14:33 PDT 2018

Hi all,

xifan hol seems to have a variant where k is mapped to {q} and q to {Q}, and one where k is mapped to {Q} and q to {q}. The k -> {q}; q -> {Q} mapping appears to be more prevalent, but the other one is quite common, too.

I can see pros and cons to both systems, although I personally prefer the k -> {q} version. For my TTS experiments, I’ve been using this particular xifan hol variant, but before I release the helper tools I’ve been using for these experiments to the public, I’d like to make sure that choosing this convention won’t be confusing or contentious, if there’s a large enough population of Klingonists that use k -> {Q}.

I could always use XIFAN HOL instead, since I’ve never see. XIFAN HOL with K -> {Q} (since the main advantage of k -> {Q} is not having to explicitly convert q -> {q}.