[tlhIngan Hol] tIq voqghach

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Jun 20 20:39:58 PDT 2018

As soon as I read the subject line I knew what it was going to be.

> 'ej DaH'e' SuSDaq choH vIjemlaHbejtaH,

Adverbials like {DaH} are not nouns and do not carry noun suffixes like
{-'e'}.

> tIq voqghach vIghajmo',

{voqghach} is as strange in Klingon as "trustness" is in English. It's
usually better to use a verb as a verb instead of mangling it into the role
of a noun. Here, consider {tIqwIj vIvoq}, or just {tIq vIvoq} when the
meter wants fewer syllables.

I might quibble about some of the choices of vocabulary or phrasing, but I
try not to get too deep into that sort of thing when someone is translating
poetry.

-- ghunchu'wI'