[tlhIngan Hol] “A warrior’s drink”

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Jun 18 06:52:20 PDT 2018

On 6/18/2018 6:15 AM, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> Am 18.06.2018 um 08:41 schrieb Alan Anderson:
>
>> In the Morskan dialect, trailing {tlh} sounds like “ts”,
>
> Yes, indeed. So probably the computer correctly interpreted the words
> and recognized the accent/dialect of the speaker. And the computer did
> not add the missing -'e' bec ause it was not spoken, of course.

Then why did the computer display the unpronounced *H*?

We know Okrand intended the Morskan to speak with a dialect; I don't
know if we know that he intended every aspect of the actor's
pronunciation. Maybe the dropped *-'e'* was intentional, but the
pronunciation of *tlh* and dropping of final *H* was not. Or some
combination of that.