[tlhIngan Hol] “A warrior’s drink”

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Jun 18 03:15:56 PDT 2018

Am 18.06.2018 um 08:41 schrieb Alan Anderson:
> I think you’re mistaking spelling for pronunciation.

True, I thought this would come up while I wrote, so that's why I added
the smiley, indicating that I was not so serious about all of it.

> In the Morskan dialect, trailing {tlh} sounds like “ts”,

Yes, indeed. So probably the computer correctly interpreted the words
and recognized the accent/dialect of the speaker. And the computer did
not add the missing -'e' bec ause it was not spoken, of course.

> though it did label the top panel “phonetic” Klingon instead of calling it “transcribed”.

Yes, that happens so often. People often ask me to write Klingon
phonetically and I wonder what exactly they want. And they're
disappointed when I give them an IPA sample. :-D

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"