[tlhIngan Hol] “It goes everywhere in the city” / puH Duj'a'Daq tlhe'taH rutlh

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Wed Jun 13 15:56:11 PDT 2018

Another non-rhyming formula song; some of the verses ended being a little awkward syllable-wise, and I might drop them.

One question about the formula: I wanted to express the idea of going everywhere within a localized area; would a noun-noun with “Dat” work for that? Specifically, I was thinking “veng DatDaq jaH” for “it goes everywhere in the city.”

puH Duj'a'Daq tlhe'taH rutlh,
tlhe'taH rutlh, tlhe'taH rutlh.
puH Duj'a'Daq tlhe'taH rutlh,
veng DatDaq jaH.

On the great land ship, wheels are turning,
Wheels are turning, wheels are turning.
On the great land ship, wheels are turning,
It goes everywhere in the city.

puH Duj'a' Qorwagh Say'moHtaH jan,
Say'moHtaH jan, Say'moHtaH jan.
puH Duj'a' Qorwagh Say'moHtaH jan,
veng DatDaq jaH.

A device is cleaning the window of the great land ship,
A device is cleaning, a device is cleaning.
(...)

puH Duj'a'Daq poS pagh SoQ lojmIt,
poS lojmIt, pagh SoQ lojmIt.
puH Duj'a'Daq poS pagh SoQ lojmIt,
veng DatDaq jaH.

On the great land ship the door is either open or shut,
The door is either open, or the door is closed.
(...)

puH Duj'a' tIjtaH raQpo',
tIjtaH raQpo', tIjtaH raQpo'.
puq Duj'a' tIjtaH raQpo',
veng DatDaq jaH.

Passengers are boarding the great land ship,
Passengers are boarding, passengers are boarding.
(...)

puH Duj'a'Daq Huch wab Qoylu',
Huch Qoylu', Huch Qoylu'.
puH Duj'a'Daq Huch wab Qoylu',
veng DatDaq jaH.

On the great land ship, the sound of money is heard,
Money is heard, money is heard.
(...)

jatlh puH Duj'a' 'orwI': 'o' yIghoS!
'o' yIghoS! 'o' yIghoS!
jatlh puH Duj'a' 'orwI' 'o' yIghoS!
veng DatDaq jaH.

The pilot of the great land ship says: approach the aft!
Approach the aft! Approach the aft!
(...)

puH Duj'a'Daq SaQtaH ghu,
SaQtaH ghu, SaQtaH ghu.
puH Duj'a'Daq SaQtaH ghu,
veng DatDaq jaH.

On the great land ship a baby is crying,
A baby is crying, a baby is crying.
(...)

puH Duj'a'Daq ghu churHa'moH SoS,
churHa'moH SoS, churHa'moH SoS.
puH Duj'a'Daq ghu churHa'moH SoS,
veng DatDaq jaH.

On the great land ship, a mother comforts a baby,
A mother comforts, a mother comforts.
(...)

puH Duj'a' HurDaq vay'vaD ghuHmoH ghum,
ghuHmoH ghum, ghuHmoH ghum.
puH Duj'a' HurDaq vay'vaD ghuHmoH ghum,
veng DatDaq jaH.

Outside of the great land ship the alarm is alerting somebody,
The alarm is alerting, the alarm is alerting.
(...)

DaH puH Duj'a'Daq tlhe'taH rutlh,
tlhe'taH rutlh, tlhe'taH rutlh.
puH Duj'a'Daq tlhe'taH rutlh,
veng DatDaq jaH.
veng DatDaq jaH.

(Same as first verse, repeat last line.)

(“The wheels on the bus” 'oHba' bomvam'e'.)