[tlhIngan Hol] bIje''eghchugh vaj bIHegh

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Mon Jun 11 15:40:04 PDT 2018

We all know that {bIjeghchugh vaj bIHegh} is something you might hear in battle, and {bIje'chugh vaj bIHegh} is something you might hear when entering a store on Qo'noS, but what about {bIje''eghchugh vaj bIHegh}? It seems like a reasonable thing a restaurant proprietor might tell you, and is also more self-evidently true than the other two.

I tried doing a web search for {bIje''eghchugh vaj bIHegh}, and wasn’t able to find any existing uses of this phrase. However, Klingon text searches in Terran database systems can be a bit hit or miss. Surely others must have invented this same pun already, I would think…

At the very least, it makes for an amusing demonstration of how important the {qaghwI'} is.