[tlhIngan Hol] HovHom, HovHom, yIbochchu'

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Sun Jun 10 17:45:24 PDT 2018

On Jun 10, 2018, at 18:34, Alan Anderson <qunchuy at alcaco.net> wrote:

>> nuq Dayugh 'e' vISIvqu'.
>
> "What you are" is not a question, so {nuq} is not appropriate. Find a way to use {-bogh} instead. For example: {Hap Dayughbogh vISIvqu'} "I very much wonder about the matter you consist of."

Does the line {wej nuq Dayugh 'e' vISov} that comes later have the same problem, or is it okay because {nuq Dayugh} is a valid question, and I don’t know the answer yet?

Also, I realized that {nuq Dayugh wej 'e' vISov} works better metrically, but I’m not sure if it works grammatically (or, for that matter, if the original ordering does.)

{Hap Dayughbogh wej vISov} probably works; {wej Hap Dayughbogh vISov} does too in case {wej} can’t go between the object and the verb, but is less favorable metrically.