[tlhIngan Hol] ghormaghenDerHom

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Sat Jun 9 16:45:20 PDT 2018

(Sorry for the spam again; I’m having way too much fun with this.)

This is my first reconstruction where I’ve made substantial changes to the imagery. There is also an intentionally ungrammatical word: ghotI''a'Hom (kind of like qepHom'a'.) As usual, I would appreciate being notified of any serious grammatical or lexical problems:

ghormaghenDerHom, logh HopDaq SoHtaH.
bItlhabbej, 'ej bIpuvlaH.
tInqu' logh, mamachqu' maH.
logh ghotI''a'Hom SoH, 'ej Dat bIjaH.

Little gormagander, you are in deep space.
You are certainly independent, and you can fly.
Space is very big, we are very small.
You are a little space whale (lit.: little big fish), and you go everywhere.

ghormaghenDerHom, 'o ghormaghenDerHom,
bIr'a' logh? 'ej pa' SoSoy tu'lu''a'?
Sutay'DI', SuQuchba'!

Little gormagander, oh little gormagander,
Is space cold? And is mommy there?
When you are together, you are obviously happy!

loghDaq puvtaH Dujmey, bIpuvtaH je.
reH pa' bIreH, 'ej bI''IQbe'.
bavtaH maS, yuQ, Hovmey je.
logh HopDaq Dachmo' muD, bItlhuHnISbe'.

Ships are flying in space, you are flying too.
There you always play, and you are not sad.
Moons, planets, and stars orbit.
Because an atmosphere is absent in deep space, you do not need to breathe.

ghormaghenDerHom, 'o ghormaghenDerHom,
bomHomlIj yIbom,
juppu'vaD yIbom, pIQoy 'e' wItIvqu'!

Little gormagander, oh little gormagander,
Sing your little song,
Sing to friends, we enjoy hearing you very much!

loghDaq Hurghqu'ba' Hoch, 'ej juHlIj 'oH.
QongDaqDaq yIchurHa''eghmoH.
maS, yuQ, Hovmey je wIlegh,
DaH yIQongchoHmoH, 'ej wa'leS po jIchegh.

Everything is obviously very dark in space, and it is your home.
Make yourself comfortable in the sleeping place.
We see moons, planets, and stars,
Now make yourself fall asleep, and tomorrow morning I will return.

ghormaghenDerHom, 'o ghormaghenDerHom,
jul Daleghqa' 'ej jaj chu' taghlu'bej,
tughqu' bIvembej!

Little gormagander, oh little gormagander,
You will see the sun again, and a new day will certainly begin,
Very soon you will certainly wake up!

ghormaghenDerHom, logh HopDaq SoHtaH.
bItlhabbej, 'ej bIpuvlaH.
tInqu' logh, mamachqu' maH,
logh ghotI''a'Hom SoH, 'ej Dat bIjaH.
logh ghotI''a'Hom SoH, 'ej Dat bIjaH.

Little gormagander, you are in deep space.
You are certainly independent, and you can fly.
Space is very big, we are very small.
You are a little space whale, and you go everywhere.
You are a little space whale, and you go everywhere.

(Baby Beluga, in case it’s not obvious.)