[tlhIngan Hol] “We share with each other” / machqu'bej qo'maj

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Fri Jun 8 21:01:12 PDT 2018

 On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 10:24 PM, Daniel Dadap <daniel at dadap.net> wrote:

> You didn’t miss it, as I hadn’t mentioned it, but I chose not to use {lIn}
> because I wasn’t sure if it could be used with a simple subject  (in this
> case, {maH}, as opposed to, e.g. {vay', latlh je}), and while neither {qo'
> wIlIn} nor {maHvaD qo' wIbon} quite captured what I was going for, {maHvaD
> qo' wIbon} seemed closer.

If you can tell me how you want "we share a thing" and "we share a thing
with each other" to mean two different ideas, I might be able to give you a
suggestion for how to say them. But in general, and definitely in this
specific context, I don't think "with each other" adds anything to the
meaning. Usually the simplest and most descriptive way in Klingon to say "X
does something with Y" is to say "X and Y do something", which is just what
{wIlIn} does for a literal "we share it with us".

-- ghunchu'wI'