[tlhIngan Hol] xifan hol: k and q

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Jun 3 04:57:06 PDT 2018

Am 02.06.2018 um 19:14 schrieb Daniel Dadap:
> Hi all,
>
> xifan hol seems to have a variant

Although there may be variants, there's two thing to remember:

First, most of the fonts use the k=q q=Q variant.

Second, you will certainly never get any official solution for the
mapping, but I suggest you go back to to the roots, to the very first
ever published Klingon font. That was the one released by the KLI in the
nineties. That one also uses the k=q/q=Q variant, so that would my basic
reason to follow that pattern.

Most fonts that use different mappings are based on that first one, and
have just changed the original one.

As you mentioned before, some use lower case, some upper case. The KLI's
font used uper case because the lower case is maped with a different
font type. So that should be XIFAN HOL. The Klingonska Akademien font
uses lower case, xifan hol, which might be easier to type, but with
using caps lock makes it no difference.

Another thing that might b confusing is that some fonts map the
apostrophe differently (' or z), so that should also be considered.

I don't know if you have checked the Klingon wiki on that, because
here's quite alot about pIqaD and also about conversion.

http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/PIqaD
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Fonts
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Perl
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Unicode