[tlhIngan Hol] looking for volunteers who know Swedish, Russian, Persian or Chinese

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Jul 9 03:17:46 PDT 2018

ja' De'vID:

> We shouldn't let the perfect become the enemy of the good,

Too bad emails don't have "like"-buttons, because this is a very good
answer.

> "beta testing" mode in the app to see them). Second, most of the
> vocabulary is fairly conventional and for the most part unambiguous
> (e.g., {HIvje'}, {paq}, {Duj}, {qIp}, {Sov}, {jatlh}, ...).

I was going to say the same. Nearly 99 % of vocabulary is very clear and
causes no problems. And even those who were ambiguous in the past years
have been solved, so there is very small risk for bad translations.

The only thing that will happen is when language X has two words for one
english word, and then we will have to ask Maltz. But that's no new
problem, and still very rare as said before.

By the way:
The perfect thing with this project is that having more languages it
will get easier to compare, and more languages can be added. For
instance, when in doubt, the translator can still check what other
languages did with a word.

I definitely support this project! majQa'.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"