[tlhIngan Hol] New words from qep'a' cha'maH vaghDIch

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Mon Jul 23 10:29:38 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 1:22 PM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018, 19:20 mayqel qunenoS, <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you could ask him about the tlhoS with a negative verb too , that
>> would be great..
>>

> Why is this necessary? Isn't it already very clear? With a positive verb,
> you almost do something. With a negative verb, you barely do it.

That's exactly how is works.

{tlhoS chab vISop} - "I almost ate pie" (ie "I didn't eat pie")
{tlhoS chab vISopbe'} - "I almost didn't eat pie" (ie "I ate pie, but only
barely")

{tlhoS Duj vIqIp} - "I almost hit the ship (ie "I missed it")
{tlhoS Duj vIqIpbe'} - "I almost didn't hit the ship" (ie "I hit it, but
only barely")

qurgh