[tlhIngan Hol] New word from Maltz: mIrSam "smoking pipe"

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:41:19 PDT 2018

I remember a famous poem/cartoon by Wilhelm Busch (famous in Germany) about
a boy named Christian (or Krischan, as it was written in Low German) who
takes his father's pipe and smokes it. The pipe was called a
"Meerschaumpfeife".

Apparently the word was also borrowed into English, as "meerschaum" (a soft
white mineral, literally ‘sea foam’) and is indeed used for making pipes.

— André