[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jel

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 23 08:13:48 PST 2018

Klingon word: jel
Part of speech: verb
Definition: shake, tremble
Source: qep'a' 24 [2017]

 (qep'a' 2017):  "as in the buildings are shaking because there's an earthquake, or everything in the house shakes when you slam the door, or I'm nervous or afraid so I'm shaking (Klingons have never experienced this, but they've seen it in others)"

Another new verb is {wal}  "vibrate,  be in a state of  vibration" (v):

(qep'a' 2017):  "move in a fast repetitive way, like a guitar string"

Yet another new verb {tav} "shake" is transitive:

 (qep'a' 2017):  "... as in what you might do to wake someone up, or what James Bond does to a martini, or what you do to your right foot after you put it in and then put it out (Note: what freezing temperatures may do to you is {jelmoH}, not {tav})"

PUN:
1. "like a bowl full of jelly"?
2. Jell-O?

SEE ALSO:
Qom 		experience an earthquake or tremor (v)
joq 		flap, flutter, beat (v)
vIH 		move, be in motion (v)

--
Voragh