[tlhIngan Hol] Two negations

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 04:46:02 PST 2018

I just realized something..

In english you say "I didn't do anything"
In greek we say "I didn't do nothing"
In english you say "I don't know anything"
In greek we say "I don't know nothing"
In english you say "I don't go anywhere"
In greek we say "I don't go nowhere"

I'm certain that you, being native english speakers, find the above greek
phrases strange/wrong.

On the other hand, I, being greek, find the english phrases strange/wrong.

maj.

The question is, why should I -in klingon-, write {vay' vIqaSmoHbe'}
instead of {pagh vIqaSmoHbe'} ? Why should I write {vay' vISovbe'} instead
of {pagh vISovbe'} ? Why {vogh vIjaHbe'} instead of {pagh Daq vIjaHbe'} ?

Why should I follow the english way of expressing the above, instead of the
greek ?

~ nI'ghma