[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "all of us"

seruq seruq at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 29 08:32:47 PST 2018

But "we", by its nature, refers to more than one entity.
vIghro' is singular.

 Subject: Re: [tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "all of us"
 To: tlhingan-hol at kli.org
 Date: Monday, January 29, 2018, 4:58 AM

 DloraH:> I read
 [Hoch maH] as " all the us's", "all the
 we's", as in multiple >
 groups.  It is not speaking of the entirety of a single
 group
 I'm
 afraid I disagree.
 If we say,
 for example, {Hoch vIghro'mey DIlegh}, we will
 understand "we see all the cats". All the cats our
 words concern.
 Whether
 there is just a single group or more, that's
 unspecified. Though I doubt, someone's mind will go on
 to think that there may be multiple
 groups.
 So, I
 don't think someone will understand, that there are
 multiple groups of cats, and the {Hoch vIghro'mey} is
 used to describe the entirety of these groups, taken
 together as a whole.
 ~
 nI'ghma
 On Jan 29, 2018 03:20,
 "seruq" <seruq at bellsouth.net>
 wrote:
 I read
 [Hoch maH] as " all the us's", "all the
 we's", as in multiple groups.  It is not speaking
 of the entirety of a single group.

 As for [maH Hoch], similar to the plural suffix, unless you
 need to remove ambiguity, then no need to use it.  Just use
 maH.

 But I can see the possibility of it's use.