[tlhIngan Hol] -bogh and je

David Holt kenjutsuka at live.com
Thu Jan 25 15:38:29 PST 2018

jatlh SuStel:

> When TKD tells us that 'ej, pagh, and qoj conjoin sentences, what it really

> means is that they conjoin like verbal clauses. Most rules that talk about

> sentences also apply to verbal clauses. Some canonical examples of

> conjoined non-main-verb-clause verbal clauses:

SuDbogh Dargh 'ej wovbogh
the tea that is SuD and light (KGT)

romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'
Romulan hunter-killer probe (KCD)

pay' HIvDI' lo'wI' pagh mupDI' QIHchu' bIH.
[literally:] when the user attacks suddenly or when he/she strikes, they damage completely (Skybox SP2)

...lengtaHvIS tlhInganpu' 'ej qo'mey Sar charghtaHvIS chaH...
[literally:] ...while Klingons travel and while they conquer various worlds... (Skybox SP1)

> So feel free to conjoin dependent clauses as well as main clauses with the

> "sentence" conjunctions, including relative clauses.

I sounds like you would say that without the poetic licence, the line from the song should be: {yoHbogh SuvwI' 'ej matlhbogh}