[tlhIngan Hol] [Spam] Remain klingon

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Jan 19 03:18:29 PST 2018

Some examples:

jIHvaD ratlh pagh.
"There is nothing left for me."
(paq'batlh)

qotarvaD lay'ta' 'ej batlh pab qeylIS
    jatlh 'e' mevDI' nuvpu' mejmoH ghaH
    ratlh be'nalDaj luqara' neH
[Don't have the translation handy at this time]
(paq'batlh)

Also, the game Star Trek: Klingon contains the line {luq. ratlh.} when saying that a person is allowed to stay at a {lopno'}. This dialogue was most likely written by Okrand.

To turn "Remain Klingon!" into an imperative, you could use {tlhIngan yImojHa'Qo'!}. ("Don't un-become Klingon!").

That being said, while I can see why you'd want an imperative, I quite like {tlhIngan maH; taHjaj!}; it fits in quite nicely with classic phrases such as {tlhIngan maH!} and {reH tlhIngan wo' taHjaj!} (toast). I also think it works nicely because it's often spoken in chorus; it's not T'Kuvma telling his followers to remain Klingon, but rather T'Kuvma and his followers committing in unison to remain Klingon.

//loghaD