[tlhIngan Hol] "Swifthawk" and "Cuddle Dungeon"

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 17:04:08 PST 2018

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 6:25 PM, qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:

> A Klingon way to say "dungeon" is wutlh pa'. This is literally
"underground room." There's no word for "cuddle," but yachchuq gets us kind
of close. The verb yach means "pet" or "stroke" (like petting a dog), and
yachchuq means "pet each other" or something like that. yachchuqmeH means
"for the purpose of petting each other." So yachchuqmeH wutlh pa' is
"underground room for petting one another" — that is, "cuddling dungeon."

> If I've misunderstood what you mean by "cuddling dungeon," let me know.

I also requested "cuddle dungeon", so I'm glad he got to it.

However, I'm sad to see that it's simply an underground room.

Wikipedia: A *dungeon* is a room or cell
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_cell> in which prisoners
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner> are held, especially underground.

Huh, didn't realize dungeons were so simple. We attach so much more baggage
to the word.
Okay, in that case, wouldn't *{wutlh bIghHa'} work better?
I mean, my basement is an underground room, but I wouldn't call it a
dungeon.

Now, "cuddle dungeon" is using "dungeon" in the BDSM sense.
Which has nothing to do with being physically underground nor is it a place
to keep prisoners.

But if the BDSM scene on Kronos has adopted the term {yachchuqmeH wutlh
pa'}, I won't argue with them.
Perhaps the cuddle dungeon crowd really does meet exclusively in basements.

{yach} also used in {jIb yachwI'} "hairbrush"
Meaning that {yach} also means "brush" v. ?

So is this also a room for brushing each other('s hair)?

~naHQun