[tlhIngan Hol] The miserable have no other medicine, but only hope

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Jan 5 21:00:43 PST 2018

"Hope" is a weird word in English (and many other languages), because it refers both to an emotion and to the possibility that that hope will actually will come true: "A new hope" doesn't just mean "a new wish that something will happen", but some means by which it might.
That being said, I think "the act of hoping" or "the ability to hope" works quite well in this instance, if we're talking about the mental effect of having not given up.

As such, you could replace «tul» with something like:

tullaHghach
tulqangghach
tulmeH meq
tultaHghach