[tlhIngan Hol] [Spam] Re: Maltz about castles

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jan 2 10:31:49 PST 2018

Am 02.01.2018 um 15:29 schrieb Felix Malmenbeck:
>>From the description, I take it «jem'IH» could also be translated as "fortress" or "(permanent) military base"

It's funny that this was what first came to my mind, and Okrand has
confirmed it:

I'd say it could be used for any kind of permanent (or intended-to-be
permanent or long-lasting) fortress that is continually staffed. Not for
something built quickly that they intend to abandon once a battle is over.

> Fort Knox strikes me as a non-castle that might be called a «jem'IH».

Perfect fit, yes.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"