[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "all of us"

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Feb 2 12:51:14 PST 2018

On 2/2/2018 3:26 PM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> The ability of klingon to provide us with a way to express a longer
> english sentence with fewer words, is something which I always liked
> in this language. An ability which is often able to impress.
>
> But the positve impression created by that ability fades, when we come
> across the need to express something simple, only to realize that
> because there are no tools to do so, we need to pause whatever it was
> we were writing, only to start describing in multiple sentences
> something which should be expressed in just a few words.

Except it goes in the opposite direction as well. You like it when
Klingon says simply what English expresses only with complexity, but you
dislike it when English (or Greek) says simply what Klingon expresses
only with complexity.

It's exactly the same thing. Klingon is not designed to be the most
efficient language ever, despite the talking points that get thrown
around here sometimes. It has its strengths and its weaknesses, just
like any other language. That's what makes it /good./