[tlhIngan Hol] ghob'etlh

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Feb 13 06:25:40 PST 2018

Indeed. Here is an attempt to transcribe the language note for *ghob'etlh* (via http://klingonska.org/canon/1996-04-kcd.txt ):

"A gutting device used in balance with a shield when practicing the Klingon
warrior fighting style of *qIjatlh (or *qIjat). One of three weapons
traditionally displayed on the {nuH bey'}."

To see what it looks like, go here:


 ... and click on {nuH bey'}. It's the small weapon at the top of the display.

Other words from Star Trek: Klingon that we don't quite know the spellings of include the dessert dish *vellka* and the *jebQa'* robes.


From: tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org> on behalf of mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 15:08
To: tlhingan-hol at kli.org
Subject: Re: [tlhIngan Hol] ghob'etlh

A little bird told me, that {ghob'etlh} is a word spoken on KCD.

Because it has only been spoken (according to the little bird), its exact spelling is unknown. Perhaps it is Qob'etlh, perhaps it is ghab'etlh.

~ nI'ghma
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol-kli.org/attachments/20180213/7ec9eca3/attachment-0002.htm>

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list