[tlhIngan Hol] Maltz about terraforming

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 08:30:33 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 10:31 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand. The verb {ghe'} is to be used only for terraforming ?

​If it was only meant for terraforming, I think the gloss would just be "be
terraformed".​ (I assume) Lieven asked Maltz how to translate "terraform"
for the Discovery subtitles, and so Maltz's examples are all about the
particular meaning that Lieven needed the word for. But the verb itself has
a broader definition outside that. You could probably use it to say, for
instance, {ghe''eghmoH ghew} "The insect is going through metamorphosis."
(I wonder if {ghe'} and {ghew} are related...)

(And of course, who can forget William Shatner's classic album, {loD ghe'}.)