[tlhIngan Hol] be responsible

demonchaux.aurelie demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:47:54 PST 2018

Thank you Lieven for sharing the new words :)
I'd like to ask one quick question though:
[ngoy'] is also listed as meaning "be responsible" and the boQwI' gives us an example from TKW p155
vangDI' tlhIngan SuvwI' ngoy' qorDu'Daj, vangDI' qorDu'Daj ngoy' tlhIngan SuvwI'
What's the difference between [rang] and [ngoy'] in meaning and usage?
Thanks in advance!
ghItlhjaj

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
-------- Message d'origine --------De : "Lieven L. Litaer" <levinius at gmx.de> Date : 01/02/2018  17:27  (GMT+01:00) À : tlhingan-hol at kli.org Objet : [tlhIngan Hol] be responsible
Maltz has answered some of my questions while watching Discovery which I
don't want to keep secret from you any longer. I'm sending them in
individual messages to keep the subject line separated.

To talk about "growing plants" (i.e. plant them and making them grow),
Okrand suggested to use {wIj} "farm". I asked for {chep}, but he said
that {chep} does not work with plants.

When I asked for a phrase like "you are responsible for his actions" or
"you are responsible for [someting]". Maltz gave use the verb {rang} "be
responsible for".

The word for "volcano" is {qulHuD}. No space.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"