[tlhIngan Hol] {Sep}ngan vs {Sep} loD

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 09:47:41 PST 2018

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018, 10:49 AM SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name wrote:

> (On the other hand, are we right to casually suffix *ngan* to
> place-names, without including a space? Take the non-coining of compound
> nouns as single words as a given before considering this.)

There are plenty of canon examples of *ngan* being used in compound nouns.
Doing it for a place name that hasn't appeared that way in canon
*(pItlhberghngan*, for example) seems less like a new coinage and more like
just an extrapolation from a well-established pattern. (I'd also say the
same applies to *tej* and *QeD*, though those two have less examples that
*ngan*.)