[tlhIngan Hol] Clean all the plates

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 03:05:38 PST 2018

This is an excellent question..

To which I have no answer.. However, on the other pseudopodium (from the
point of view of an amoeba, which doesn't have hands..), perhaps the
question should be placed differently.

Can we use {Hoch}, with inherently plural nouns ?

The way I understand {Hoch}, its specs require that it is either to be used
on its own, (e.g. Hoch vor Dargh wIb), or it is to be used with nouns which
aren't inherently plural.

Perhaps, trying to use it with inherently plural nouns, is similar to
trying to shove a micro-usb cable, up the rear end of a usb-c type phone..
It just doesn't fit, because it wasn't built for this purpose.

Unless, of course the {Hoch} is being placed after the inherently plural
noun, case in which there wouldn't be a problem, since it would have the
meaning of "all of the (noun)".

For what is worth though, I agree with you Daniel. My gut instinct, would
have me go with option 1.

~ mayqel *I love maltz* qunen'oS