[tlhIngan Hol] jIbogh vs jIboghpu' and a pizza

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Dec 22 08:25:52 PST 2018

On 12/22/2018 10:27 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:

> Suppose I want to say to someone "I have never asked for your help".
> With the important detail being, that not only have I not ever asked
> for his help, but I'm not going to begin asking for it now either..
>
> So, on one hand, I want to say "I have never asked for your help", on
> the other hand though, my "not asking for his help" still continues..
>
> So, what do I write ? {not QaHlIj vIpoQ} ? {not QaHlIj vIpoQpu'} ?
> {QaHlIj vIpoQpu'be'} ? {QaHlIj vIpoQbe'pu'} ?
>
> Is there any difference between these choices ?

/I have never asked for your help/ is saying that a particular completed
action did not occur. It does not consider whether the hypothetical
action is still not occurring.

*not QaHlIj vItlhobpu' / not QaHlIj vItlhobta'*/I have never asked for
your help./

*DaH QaHlIj vItlhobbe'*/I do not ask for your help now./