[tlhIngan Hol] jIbogh vs jIboghpu' and a pizza

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:15:26 PST 2018

Suppose I write: {loSmaH wa' ben jIboghpu'} for "I am 41 years old".

Literally though, the klingon goes "41 years ago I have been born"
i.e. 41 years ago my "being born" has been completed.

Lets forget this for the moment..

If I write {wa'Hu' pItSa' vISoppu'}, this means that "one day ago my
eating the pizza has been completed". But I could have eaten this
pizza many days ago, and yesterday is just another day during which my
eating of the pizza continues to be completed.

So, can't the {loSmaH wa' ben jIboghpu'} be interpreted to mean, that
I am in fact older than 41, and that it is just that 41 years ago, my
birth (which took place way earlier) remains completed ?

So, why not write instead {loSmaH wa' ben jIbogh}, for "41 years ago I
am born", thus avoiding the ambiguity ?

~ mayqel qunen'oS
korriban DungDaq 'al sith Degh
Hochlogh wew Hurghchu'ghach jul