[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nIbpoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 27 07:11:15 PST 2018

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, December 27, 2018

Klingon word: nIbpoH
Part of speech: noun
Definition: Déjà vu
Source: KGT

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

This is Okrand's back-fit for a word that originally appeared in TNG "Cause and Effect":  Worf tells Riker during a poker game: "I am experiencing *nIb'poH*. The feeling I have done this before."  (As it turns out, he had.  The Enterprise was caught in a destructive temporal loop for 17.4 days in the Typhon Expanse.  Dr. Crusher called it "a sense of repetition".)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons