[tlhIngan Hol] learning time

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 23:55:54 PST 2018

Hi there,

I'm writing an article about the frequent question "How long does it
take to learn Klingon?".

I know that many of us had a non-defined beginning or end of learning,
but some really started at one day and ended up quite fluently a short
time later. I know of our greek friend (who changes his signature name
constantly) and DeSDu', who both got quite fluent in about one year,
proving what I'm saying all along.

So - who is here among you or can tell about former Klingonists who may
confirm they learned the language in a similarly short period of time?

By the way, I'm not talking about fluent speakers of which there are
only five in the world. It's more about those who can do a basic
conversation, but still without any dictionary help.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"